If you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day with the gift of flowers, save some money this year! Use your Coop Connections card or app to receive a discount at these local florists:
- A&B Florist & Gifts – 5% off total purchase [160 Main Cross Street, Hawesville]
- Bowtanicals Florists & Gifts – 10% off total purchase [202 S. Main, Marion] [144 E. Main, Salem]
- Buds & Bows – 20% off total purchase [1380 Island Ford Road, Madisonville]
- J’Petals – 10% off total purchase [131 First Street, Henderson]
- Louise’s Flowers – 10% cash ‘n’ carry [121 N. Main Street, Marion]
- Whitesville Florist – 5% off minimum $30 purchase [10100 Main Street, Whitesville]
All Kenergy offices will be closed Monday, February 18th.
Kenergy is thrilled to announce the three winners for the 2019 Washington Youth Tour. Applicants submitted their academic resume and an essay on a subject they are passionate about. Judges selected the following students as their winners:
Ryan Ward – Daviess County High School (Junior)
Sophia Krampe – Henderson County High School (Junior)
Ella Farmer – Hopkins County Central High School (Junior)
The delegates will travel to Washington, D.C. for an all-expense paid trip this summer. The week-long trip will allow students to learn about leadership, the cooperative model, and also explore the nation’s capital. More than 1,500 students from across America take part in the Youth Tour experience each year. The National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) has been coordinating this program since the 1950’s.
Congratulations to this year’s winners!
Still need a resolution for 2019?
Resolve to save energy! You’ll reap the benefits from this resolution all year long (and you don’t have to skip out on the bread or dessert to do it!)
Here are 3 easy ways to save energy at home:
- Install a programmable thermostat. By doing this, you can save an estimated $180 each year!
- Ditch those incandescent bulbs. These bulbs release 90% of their energy as heat. Time to switch to LEDs instead.
- Reduce energy used for water heating. Lowering your water heater’s temperature and install low-flow showerheads in each of your bathrooms.
All Kenergy offices will be closed Tuesday, January 1st for New Year’s Day. We hope our members enjoy the holiday and have a safe and healthy 2019.
All Kenergy offices will be closed Monday, December 24 and Tuesday, December 25 for Christmas. We hope our members enjoy the holiday with family and friends.
Kenergy will be performing network maintenance on Tuesday, November 27th from 4:45 p.m. until 6:45 p.m. Members will not be able to access the SmartHub application to make payments during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience.
We are now accepting applications for the 2019 Washington Youth Tour!
Kenergy will select three delegates to send on an all-expense-paid trip June 14-21, 2019 to Washington, D.C. for the Washington Youth Tour (WYT). More than 1,500 students from across America take part in the Youth Tour experience each year. The National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) has been coordinating this program since the 1950’s.
Applicants must be juniors in high school and live in homes powered by Kenergy. Applicants must also earn a 3.0 overall GPA. Judges select delegates based on an essay competition.
Applications must be received by December 31st. Essays are due by midnight on January 15, 2019.
Applications and more information about the WYT are available HERE or by calling Jeanette Weedman at 270.689.6157.
All Kenergy offices will be closed Thursday, November 22nd and Friday, November 23rd for the Thanksgiving holiday. We hope our members enjoy the holiday with family and friends.
We are experiencing issues with our text alert system. If you have an outage, please call 800-844-4832.